- White sesame seeds – 1½-2 teaspoons
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Potatoes boiled and peeled (aloo) – 4 medium
- Curry leaves – 10-12 leaves
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds (saunf) – 1 teaspoon
- Onion seeds (kalonji) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried pomegranate seeds (anardana) – 1 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies – 2-3
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger finely chopped – 1/2 inch
- Garlic chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chillies finely chopped – 2-3
- Dried mango powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Dry-roast cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds, pomegranate seeds and dried red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant.
Cut boiled potatoes into medium pieces.
Coarsely grind the roasted seed mixture.
Heat Colavita EVOO. Add curry leaves, ginger, and sauté for a few seconds.
Add chopped potatoes, mix and cook till they turn golden. Add white sesame seeds, toss to mix, and cook for a minute.
Add chili powder, turmeric powder, and green chilies and toss to mix. Add salt and toss to mix. Add green peas, mix and cook for a minute.
Add freshly grounded powder, mix and cook for a minute.